Manage your Contacts, Leads and Organizations
Categorizing your contacts using tags
Link contact to an organization
Convert a Contact to an Organization
Convert an Organization to a contact
Creating a contact list or report
Categorizing your contacts using tags:
Tags are keywords that you use to categorize your contacts. For example, you can tag your contacts based on the specific needs they have with your business. You can also create tags based on business sector, product areas, locations etc.
you can add and manage tags by going to your Customer, Bulk actions > Add Tags. You can also create a tag when adding or editing a contact from inside the customer profile.
Once you add tags to contacts and organizations, you’ll be able to filter and segment your data based on those tags.
Updating your contacts:
Click on the pen icon on the top of customer profile to update/change your contact or organization details.
Link contact to an organization:
When editing a contact there’s an option to fill in an organization name. When you start typing in the organization field it will start populating with existing organizations matching what you’re typing.
Convert a Contact to an Organization:
Go to your contact profile, click on Actions, choose Convert to Organization.
All tasks, deals, invoices, tickets, orders, notes, files, and attachments associated with this person will be moved to the new organization.
Convert an Organization to a contact:
You'll need first to remove any contacts related to this organization from the organization profile, then you can follow the same steps in converting a contact to an organization.
Customizing your contacts:
If you’d like to record more details on your contacts for information that might be unique to your business then custom fields are a great option.
While tags are great for categories, custom fields are especially handy for more specific information that might require a dedicated label.you can set up custom fields by going to the Settings icon > Contact Custom Fields.
Creating a contact list or report:
Comes with our ready-made lists. You can find these by going to Customers > lists.
It’s up to you how you use the list. The options are displayed on the top right-hand side of the list. You can create your own lists by filtering your contacts using criteria such as which city they’re in, how you’ve tagged them, when they were added, or using a custom field you have created.
We give you 3 options for handling your duplicates, flagging them and then merge.
Merge strategy: to handle all imported contacts, from a CSV file or other integrated apps.
Merge contacts tool: manually select up to 10 contacts, choose a "Master" record, and all other records - with deals, notes, tasks and more - will be merged into it.
Check for duplicates tool: this tool helps you flag any duplicates in your data. Show them to you and allow you to take action.
Email a Contact or an Organization:
Open a Contact or an Organization profile, click on Actions > Send Email. Or from the All Contacts or Organization list, Hover on the Last Contact column, click on Send Email.
Note: BCC email helps add every sent email automatically to your contact/organization profile, under the Notes section.
Note: Emailing an organization: an email will be sent to the "organization email" added in the organization profile. not to the contacts inside the organization.
Bulk email a list of Contacts:
If you want to bulk email more than one contact at a time, First you'll need to create a List or a Segment with those contacts/organizations. Head to your Lists or Segments screen. From the action list, choose Send Newsletter.
Deleting a single contact:
- Go to the contact that you want to delete
- Scroll down inside the contact profile, click on the delete button
Same for When deleting an organization, you also get the option to delete any people linked to the organization at the same time.
Note: When the contact is deleted, their details, history, AND linked opportunities and cases are removed.
Deleting a list of contacts:
In order to bulk delete a list of contacts you need to select them, go to your Customers page, and then:
- Manually select a group of contacts.
- Automatically, use advanced filters to select a segment of your contacts, based on a certain tag, last contact date or more.
- Then click on Bulk actions > Delete contacts.
- Tick the box to confirm that you understand that “Deletion is permanent and there is no undo” and press the button to Delete these contacts.
If you want to apply the same action on more than one contact, then you can use our smart "Bulk actions" button:
- Head to the contact list page > you'll find Bulk Actions button.
- But first, make sure to select them by clicking on the box beside the name as shown in the picture.
- and choose from the list of bulk action the required action.
- Add Note
- Add to List: List must be created first before you add contacts to it through these steps.
- Assign to: Assign a group of contacts to a sales rep.
- Check Duplicates: Flag duplicated contacts and organizations inside the CRM.
- Edit Contact Stage: For example, bulk edit contact stages from a Lead to a Customer.
- Edit Score: Nurture your leads by editing contacts' score.
- Edit Tags: Apply the same edit/change of tags on a selected segment of customers.
- Export to CSV
- Map: View selected contacts on a map view
- Merge Contacts
Account notifications (under Settings) to control which reminders are sent to your account users. We offer you several ready-made reminders to select directly from.